The Selvage Yard

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vintage Sheet Lap Quilt

I finished this quilt from the vintage sheet swap I joined several months ago. I got 80 fat quarters of great vintage sheets and couldn't wait to get something done with them! I fell in love with this quilt and added it to my flickr favorites quite a while back. It took me forever to figure out what I was going to use for sashing. I originally wanted to use white but soon realized that I had so much white in the fabrics, that white for sashing really didn't set off the blocks well. So I eventually settled with this blue. It's not my favorite but it really did set the blocks off better than anything else I looked at. I followed the crazy 9 patch tutorial from Oh Fransson and it was so easy and fun to do!

Finished Lap Quilt:

The backing is a cute blue with lime green polka dots. I did a pieced binding with the same vintage sheets and really like the way it turned out!

Here you can see my binding and the quilting. I meandered all over the quilt. Quick and easy!

More of the quilting.

I've still got plenty of fat quarters left over so eventually I'll do something else with them!

1 comments:

Twinfibers said...

Beautiful! The blue binding really makes the colors pop! :)

Post a Comment