The Selvage Yard

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Happy Quilt


Here it is... all done. I meandered in the center with the birdcages, then again throughout the green border and then I changed and did a straight spiral stitching pattern throughout the second border, then went back to meandering around the final border.

I had one big glitch...as I was meandering my way up the final side of the final border, I felt the machine go over a big lump. "Hmmm, what was that?", thought I. Turned the quilt over and saw the big mess I had made.....somehow, my backing had gotten shifted and I had pleats and tucks EVERYWHERE along that final row of stitching! I thought my brain was going to spill out of my ears all over the table! I had been so careful and pinned so well - how could this happen on my last row? I pulled all the stitching out, repositioned the backing and pressed the quilt sandwich all together again, repinned, and started again. I was able to finish it without a single tuck! Yea!! And my brain stayed completely intact within my skull.

The fabrics and colors still make me happy.


I pieced the back and I love it!! I love the texture that the quilting made on the white background.



Here is where I did the meandering in the green inner border, then straight line stitching in the patchwork border and back to meandering in the final border.

2 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Came here from Flickr...fab quilt and I love/like that I am not the only one who thinks things are going swimmingly well, only to discover I have a big fat tangled mess of thread on the underneath of the quilt!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a bright and cheerful print. Love the fabrics you have used - very pretty.

Post a Comment